DOUBLE BONUS!!

DOUBLE BONUS!!
Double Trouble??

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ultrasounds every two weeks

We started getting ultrasounds every two weeks. Our Perinatologist who we really like arranged for us to come to the University Medical Center in Aurora where I would be doing my Inpatient stay. We met a partner of hers Dr Schwartz who would be the doctor always on call for me once I was Inpatient as Dr Harper has a few clinics and hospitals she is currently rotating through. We also got a tour of the NICU. This actually took up a good part of the day and when leaving I asked Cary if he wanted to get a bite to eat there and he said no way he was so ready to leave. I reminded him I would be spending months there!

Cary's commentary:

At this point we began "shopping hospitals". Both Dr Porreco's hospital (Pres St Lukes) and Dr Harper's (University of Colorado) are covered under Sara's AMAZING health insurance plan (more on that later), but we wanted the best care possible in the best environment. As we visited both paces, the differences became clear.....Porreco had a smaller, private practice...very high end, very professional, and semi-exclusive. (We had to know someone to even get an appt).....The hospital there was kinda dark and dingy, but the practice seemed solid.

On the other side, we had Dr Harper and the University of Colorado hospital system, a well regarded institution. The rooms were nicer, and it was a bustling University hospital...Lots of fellows, interns, students, and the like coming and going...learning. My mom reminded me that a University "fellow" had saved my dad's life some 25 years ago back in Chicago for a blood clot he had, by being overly inquisitive and digging for information.

What it really came down to is the people. Sara really felt most comfortable with Dr Harper (who had become invested into this pregnancy with us), and thus we chose UOFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment