DOUBLE BONUS!!

DOUBLE BONUS!!
Double Trouble??

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sleepless in Aurora

So last night had to be one of the hardest nights in my life. I was on full time fetal monitoring lying basically flat on my back strapped in with 3 monitors belts etc. Babies were kick boxing all night and were dropping off the monitors. I had 6 or so nurses and doctors in here through out the night trying to get them on and we even needed an ultrasound to find the squirmers.
I got a 2nd round emergency steroid shot which may be why they were crazy and also why I did not sleep more the 20 minutes. I get the second dose tonight.... please let me sleep!

Doctors are a bit stumped as to what is going on with our small baby. She is accumulating excess fluid around one lung. It's a drastic change and they say it may move us toward delivery soon. I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow... we were hoping for a scheduled C section around 33-34 weeks. Does not look likely :(

We had more Fetal Echo heart scans yesterday and even a cardiologist from Children's Hospital came over and said heart still looks great. Which is a relief. The concern is if more fluid accumulates it will add more stress to the heart and lungs and put baby in distress.--So more monitoring and dopplers today.

Please send prayers and positive thoughts to us... we could use them now! Thanks for all your support.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara and Cary - Thanks for sharing your story with us. We are very honored. Sara - I recognize the shirt in the pictures! So glad you are getting some use out of the clothes. My hospital stay is nothing like yours, but I remember the steroid shots and the twice daily monitoring. You both sound so positive and focused on giving those 2 girls everything they need. We will add all of you to our nightly prayers and send positive thoughts. I'm thinking so positive that I'm going to go find those premie clothes that were given to me and we never used. I know it's so hard being away from Rylan - I rememeber that was the hardest part of me - being away from Ethan. But the positive outcome was the bonding between Ethan and John. John became so confident and skilled in handling Ethan. It was amazing to watch. And will be so helpful when the babies come. Please, please let us know if there is anything we can do. Cary - You and Rylan are invited to dinner, if you ever need a place to eat. We can cook to your needs! And Ethan would love to play with Rylan. Sending warm positive thoughts! Dayna

    ReplyDelete